Monday, July 27, 2009

Finn Grows a Fin

Finn had his first swimming pool experience over the weekend. As a recap: We arrived at the pool, which is indoors, at a great Portland community center. I'm not a huge fan of indoor pools, but I AM a fan of not having to slather sunscreen all over a wriggly toddler. Finn was hesitant. We looked through the glass at the pool and I said, "You're going to love it!," to which he promptly replied "I DON'T love the pool." Once we got changed and went into the pool, he was sold. There is a beach entry, so we could walk in gradually. We spent most of our time swimming and floating together in the deeper water, but as Finn gained more confidence, he walked around in the shallow water and played with the water feature. We spent about two hours in the water, which was longer than I expected. He did start to get pretty cold, since I was the one swimming for both of us, so we had to get out and warm up once. Overall, he loved the water. It was family swim time, so there were beach balls, noodles and rafts in the water. Lots of fun. When we got home I asked Finn "Did you have fun at the pool today?" and he said "I saw a big fan." Yes, there was a big fan by the pool and, obviously, this little engineer decided that was the best part of the whole water extravaganza. Always keeping us on our toes. (As Finn and I were there by ourselves, there unfortunately aren't any pics of the two swimming beauties. But I did capture this one of Finn all wrapped up in his towl.)


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a fun place to swim!!