Thursday, January 7, 2010
Planes, Trains, Automobiles and a Harmonica
Christmas Day at Omi and Opa's house. Or was it?! I somehow managed to not get any pictures of Finn with his Omi and Opa. Thanks to Photoshop, they will be incorporated into these photos at a later date. We were lucky enough to celebrate with Tante Lauren and Uncle Randy, too, after their flight from Minneapolis was canceled and they drove through freezing rain to reach Chicago. It was all very worth it in the end. Finn had a great Christmas and received one of the gifts I, too, treasured as a child. A harmonica. I wasn't sure if he would know how to play it, but he played away and was quite good! I looked back at a picture I have of myself at that age playing the harmonica. We look very similar... bowlish haircuts, flannel shirts... like mother, like son. And he also inherited my gene for the love of frozen fruit salad - a holiday classic. It's essentially an '80s-esque jello/fruit mold that looks like pink head cheese. Sounds delicious, right? It is. Finn agrees.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what, we don't get to see the picture of you with your harmonica?
Post a Comment