Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Three Years Old!

Finn's birthday was a blast this year. He finally "got it." In the morning, Finn asked me, "What are they bringing me?" I wasn't exactly sure where this conversation was going, so I said, "What do you think they're bringing you?" He replied, "A cake! And tarts!" Well, he lucked out on that front. I somehow pulled off a homemade train cake (despite a frosting emergency and late night trip to the grocery store) and it was a big hit. We decided on The Little Engine That Could as the theme for our little train enthusiast's bash. From the cake to the presents, it was all things trains! Thanks, Grosi and Grandpa, for the amazing Swiss railway set. I think Finn was still a little overwhelmed by it all, as he stopped mid-present opening, stood up straight faced, and said, "I'm serious." It is serious business, turning three and all. We topped off the night with fondue, one of Finn's favs. Again, Finn rid himself of his pants half way through the day, so we can rest assured he had an excellent birthday.











1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness, that cake is amazing!! What a fun birthday!