Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Cousins... Day 1

Finn is extremely lucky to be able to spend some time with his cousins while in Chicago! These three are the epitome of The Three Amigos. Finn's eyes light up as soon as he sees them in the morning and our hearts melt when we hear him say to E or I, "Want to play?" Day 1 was surely an adventure. Within approximately three hours, they ate lunch, played basketball and soccer, conquered the swingset, flew kites, collected bugs, swept the driveway and did a fair amount of watering. Pure elation for Finn and pure exhaustion for mommy and daddy. This also marks the day of "the incident," which I will now describe. Miss E, being the sweet, nurturing cousin that she is, attempted to carry Finn over a muddy patch in the backyard. However, being only slightly bigger than Finn, he took a tumble and was covered in thick, tarry mud. As he ran toward me crying, his hands and arms completely covered in mud, he said repeatedly, "I need new hands! I need new hands!" Nothing a little garden hose and change of clothes can't fix. :)






1 comment:

Kristi said...

Glad he is having fun! Good memories you are making :)